- Alprazolamum.com: Your Source for Lorazepam Injection Solution
- Generic Name: Lorazepam Injection Solution
- Brand Name: Ativan
- Drug Classes: Benzodiazepine Anticonvulsants, Benzodiazepines, Miscellaneous Antiemetics
- Uses of Lorazepam Injection Solution:
- What do I need to tell my doctor BEFORE I take Lorazepam Injection Solution?
- What are some things I need to know or do while I take Lorazepam Injection Solution?
Alprazolamum.com: Your Source for Lorazepam Injection Solution
Generic Name: Lorazepam Injection Solution
Brand Name: Ativan
Drug Classes: Benzodiazepine Anticonvulsants, Benzodiazepines, Miscellaneous Antiemetics
This medicine is a benzodiazepine. The use of a benzodiazepine drug along with opioid drugs has led to very bad side effects. Side effects that have happened include slowed or trouble breathing and death. Opioid drugs include drugs like codeine, oxycodone, and morphine. Opioid drugs are used to treat pain and some are used to treat cough. Talk with the doctor.
If you are taking lorazepam injection solution with an opioid drug, get medical help right away if you feel very sleepy or dizzy; if you have slow, shallow, or trouble breathing; or if you pass out. Caregivers or others need to get medical help right away if the patient does not respond, does not answer or react like normal, or will not wake up.
Uses of Lorazepam Injection Solution:
- It is used to treat anxiety.
- It is used to treat seizures.
- It is used to ease anxiety before surgery.
- It may be given to you for other reasons. Talk with the doctor.
What do I need to tell my doctor BEFORE I take Lorazepam Injection Solution?
Tell your doctor if:
- You are allergic to lorazepam injection solution; any part of lorazepam injection solution; or any other drugs, foods, or substances. Tell your doctor about the allergy and what signs you had.
- You have any of these health problems: Glaucoma, low mood (depression), or certain mental problems.
- You have sleep apnea.
This is not a list of all drugs or health problems that interact with lorazepam injection solution. Tell your doctor and pharmacist about all of your drugs (prescription or OTC, natural products, vitamins) and health problems. You must check to make sure that it is safe for you to take lorazepam injection solution with all of your drugs and health problems. Do not start, stop, or change the dose of any drug without checking with your doctor.
What are some things I need to know or do while I take Lorazepam Injection Solution?
For all uses of lorazepam injection solution:
- Tell all of your health care providers that you take lorazepam injection solution. This includes your doctors, nurses, pharmacists, and dentists.
- Avoid driving and doing other tasks or actions that call for alertness for 1 to 2 full days after getting lorazepam injection solution and until the effects of lorazepam injection solution have worn off.
- Do not try to get out of bed without help for at least 8 hours after you use lorazepam injection solution. You may fall and hurt yourself.
- Avoid drinking alcohol for 1 to 2 full days after getting lorazepam injection solution.
- Some products have benzyl alcohol. Do not give a product that has benzyl alcohol in it to a newborn or infant. Talk with the doctor to see if this product has benzyl alcohol in it.
- Talk with your doctor before you use other drugs and natural products that slow your actions.
- Have your blood work checked if you are on lorazepam injection solution for a long time. Talk with your doctor.
- This medicine may be habit-forming with long-term use.
- Do not take lorazepam injection solution for longer than you were told by your doctor.
- If you have been taking lorazepam injection solution on a regular basis and you stop it all of a sudden, you may have signs of withdrawal. Do not stop taking lorazepam injection solution all of a sudden without calling your doctor. Tell your doctor if you have any bad effects.
- If you are 65 or older, use lorazepam injection solution with care. You could have more side effects.
- Use with care in children. Talk with the doctor.
- This medicine may cause harm to the unborn baby if you take it while you are pregnant. If you are pregnant or you get pregnant while taking lorazepam injection solution, call your doctor right away.